Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Universe Is Trying To Tell Me Something

Over the past three months, my family has been dealt a series of really bizarre, unexpected, and emotionally draining events.  We have narrowly escaped a major catastrophe on at least five occasions and for this, I am deeply grateful.  However, I am emotionally drained.  I am tired of using the phrase "it could have been so much worse."  Yes, I know that.  I know that all of this could have been worse.  But I am ready to move on.  

I honestly thought 2010 would be a clean slate, leaving all of that funky stuff back in 2009. Not so.  So here I sit, on this very snowy night, trying to figure out what the universe is telling me.  Maybe it is telling me that I should treasure my loved ones.   Or to be grateful for the rather blessed path that I have walked thus far.  Or to NOT treasure material things.  Maybe this is a test.  A test of our endurance.  A test of our faith.  Maybe it is telling me that we should get organized.  Or to know what we have and how to protect it.  Both people and things.  I fear though that this is just the beginning.  Is there more to come? Is the other shoe going to drop? Or is THIS the other shoe that dropped?  If it is, I will gladly accept it.  For as bad at it has been, it could have been so much worse.

        

No comments:

Post a Comment