Monday, August 24, 2009

Recession Proof Beauty

Ladies, if you're like me these days, I'm always looking for a bargain. However, I'm not willing to compromise on quality or at least the "appearance" of quality.


While shopping in Target this weekend, (please pronounce with a French Accent for some pizazz) I found some amazing deals on Revlon cosmetics. (Now, by way of background, you're talking to a girl who would head straight to the Nars counter at Lord & Taylor for her gorgeous, yet overpriced cosmetics. Ahhh - that was all Pre-Madoff. Dammit, this guy has even screwed up my beauty routine. I digress.)

Anyhow, I purchased these lovely Revlon Color Stay 12 Hour Eye Shadows in both Blushed Wines and Sultry Smoke for $5.93 each!!!!! HELLO? Can we say score??? The package even has nifty instructions on how to get the "look" and shows you which colors to apply to what part of your eye.
Also in my bag was Revlon Liquid Liner in Black Brown, which I've used for years. It's precise, stays put and looks fabulous. All for $6.24!


I completed my shopping spree with a fabulous, 5 strand, funky gold necklace from the Jewelery Counter for $12.99! I showed it off to my family and everyone swore it looked like it could be sold at Plaza Too or Bloomie's for 10x the price.



Throughout this recession I've learned that you don't have to have a million bucks to look and feel like a million bucks! Happy shopping ladies!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, when you get a chance can you put up a picture of the new eye shadows?? They sound lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and a photo of the necklace too!!

    Emily

    ReplyDelete