Friday, August 28, 2009

Wine, Cheese and the Warm Summer Breeze

Summer is coming to a close...tear, sniff, sniff.  But before we say goodbye to Summer 2009, I have one more simple activity that you should try to fit in before the leaves start falling: wine and cheese on the beach with your better half, your girlfriends, or anyone that you want to enjoy a lovely evening with while listening to the waves of the Long Island Sound and watching the bright sky turn a million gorgeous colors before sunset.

My FAVORITE pick for this activity is a cute beach that I was introduced to this Summer:  COMPO BEACH, WESTPORT, CT.  Did I mention that this beach is just the cutest little thing going??

http://www.westportct.gov/westportct.gov/Templates/LandingPage.aspx?NRMODE=Published&NRNODEGUID=%7b2A906941-7244-4F8C-B5D9-587BA86300F1%7d&NRORIGINALURL=%2fagencies%2fparksandrecreation%2ffacilities%2ehtm&NRCACHEHINT=NoModifyGuest#compo


(Sidenote:  While on maternity leave this Summer, I traveled to this beach numerous times with my two girls and various friends and family.  It is convenient, quiet, clean, close and cute! You can park your car no more than 50 feet from the beach, go back and forth to gather the 23 bags you have to carry all of your kid gear, watch your kids go to the water while you sit back in your chair and not worry about anything.  Great snack bar with nutritious options, but you know me by now, I say pack your cooler for convenience and cost savings! Best of all - they have the Mother of All playgrounds-which will not disappoint!)















So, back to the Wine and Cheese.  My husband and I had a lovely evening back in July up at Compo Beach with my sister in law Tiffany and brother in law Joe.  We packed chairs, a candle, a picnic basket loaded with different cheeses, crackers, fruit, and most importantly WINE.  (Don't forget the wine opener and glasses!) Open bottle, pour, and enjoy!  We had a fabulous time unwinding, and catching up - all while watching the waves and digging our toes in the sand.  FABULOUS.





If you don't live in the area, take this suggestion and find yourself a quiet spot to do the same.  While I love Compo beach, I am sure that any place you choose to spend some quality time with loved ones will work just the same.


Note:  There is a $20 fee to enter Compo Beach, but it's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment