Monday, December 14, 2009

M.I.A.


So much has happened since my last post.

1.  I ran in the 1st annual Turkey Day 5K (created by my hubby) along with my hubby, my father, my sister, 2 cousins, my sister's best friend, my father's running partner and our dog Vegas. 




2.  My baby girl Sofia had back to back ear infections with two rounds of antibiotics.

3.  Aunt Mae's trip and fall and my call to 911.

4.  My sister's visit to the Emergency Room (IN MASSACHUSETTS) and surgery that followed to remove her appendix .

If only one of these things occurred I could have certainly handled it with poise.  I could have regrouped quickly thereafter and pressed on with my daily activities.  However, all of these events combined (#1 excluded) have drained me emotionally and have thrown me completely off my game.  I am glad to report that after a few VERY hectic and draining weeks-I feel like I am BACK.

On a side note, as many of you know, my sister is my other half.  Since the day she was born, I have not made a single decision without her.  From what color to paint the den, to which picture to use for my Christmas card, to picking my daughter's names, my sister is always right by my side helping navigate through life.  Even though she had routine surgery, she was hospitalized for a few more days than I was comfortable with.  Seeing my little sis in a hospital bed, fighting a fever, was an uncomfortable place for me.  I was worried, scared, and helpless.  I really didn't know how to act or what to do, so I sent her the movie "Julie and Julia" to aid in her convalescence.  (It was either that or a tray of baked ziti and meatballs. ) I've learned that you should never take you loved ones for granted.  You can never predict what's going to happen next in life, so enjoy the moment you are in right now.  Stef, I love you more than you will ever understand, and I am so grateful that you are ok.

As you can see, I've been a little busy tending to other matters in my life. In my absence, I realized that writing this blog is extremely fulfilling, therapeutic and cathartic for me. I missed it and I missed you guys.

I'm glad I'm back.


1 comment:

  1. This made me cry! I love Stef too and I was so close to jumping on a plane to Boston last weekend to be there! I am so glad she is doing okay now!

    I love the picture and the new Thanksgiving tradition! I can't wait to join in one year!

    ReplyDelete