Wednesday, September 30, 2009

"Real Sweat, Real People"

Have you seen this guy?



His name is Tony Horton, and I have a crush on him.  He's the creator of P90X (I'm sure you've seen the infomercials like a million times during 3 am feedings).  As per the www.beachbody.com website, P90X is described as follows:
P90X® is a revolutionary system of 12 sweat-inducing, muscle-pumping workouts, designed to transform your body from regular to ripped in just 90 days. You'll also receive a comprehensive 3-phase nutrition plan, specially designed supplement options, a detailed fitness guide, a calendar to track your progress, online peer support, and much more. Your personal trainer, Tony Horton, will keep you engaged every step of the way, and you won't believe your results!

I simply call it TORTURE, but in the nicest sense of the word.  Tony , (I like to think we are on a first name basis) has kicked my ASS from here to next Tuesday.  While I'm not following his program exactly as prescribed (I mean, really, I did have a baby only 3 1/2 months ago) - I'm using the individual videos as cardio and weight training workouts.  I believe that Tony is one of the major reasons I have  been able to accomplish as much as I have in these past few months.  I am only 8 pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight--which is HUGE, given the fact that it took me over a year and a half to lose my "baby" weight the first time around. 

I do, however, have to give much credit to my hubby, Ray, (who also has a crush on Tony).  Ray has vowed to make us "HOT" again...just like we were in 2001! Ahhhh, those were the days--when I could eat black and white cookies as a snack and not gain an ounce.  Oh well, two kids, and 8 years later, this is not the case.  Anyway, Ray has been by my side, preparing and organizing our food plan (we don't like to call it a diet, per se -- it makes us feel deprived) and has been my biggest cheerleader!  He's run 2 miles by my side, while pushing our two girls in the double stroller-- no easy task.  As I run, I can hear him say to Giuliana - "Gi, look at mommy, she's doing great right??"  I couldn't have dreamed up a more wonderful man.  So thank you honey, for all of your support and dedication to making us "HOT" again. 

Here are some of the tools we are using to get "HOT":
  • Daily log ins to the best weight loss website on the planet:  www.sparkpeople.com  (Please check this site out, you can literally track all your food, activities, calorie intake, output, make friends, join support groups, get recipes, and on and on and on and on...it truly is fabulous)
  • A library full of cook books--our faves are:
    •  Weight Watchers, Simply Delicious
    •  Weight Watchers, Cook it Quick
    •  The Eat Clean Diet, Tosca Reno
    •  The Food You Crave, Ellie Krieger
  • My cooler (to transport my daily rations to work)
  • Healthy and easy snacks (fruits, veggies, string cheese, almonds and peanut butter)
  • P90X
  • A great pair of running sneakers
  • A food scale
  • Bob's Revolution Duaille Stroller
  • My mother (who watches the girls on the weekend while we run (thanks mom!)
I've realized that if you really want something and equip yourself with the right tools, you will and can achieve anything!  


As my new crush says in his videos, "Real Sweat, Real People" (I have no idea what that really means, but I  love the sound of it and say it like 100 times a day-- simply because I think it applies to pretty much any situation...I'm a loser, I know).





2 comments:

  1. That is amazing Ang!! I know that you will get to your goal in NO time at all. It's so sweet how great Ray is at cheering you on. And yes, sparkpeople.com is the best website ever created. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap, only 8lbs away from pre-baby weight!?! That's INSANE!!! CONGRATULATIONS ANG!!! Maybe when Sofia grows up you can do a little side job as a personal trainer on the weekends. I'll pay you big money! (Do you accept IOUs?) Also, yay for Ray, what a good man.

    ReplyDelete