Wednesday, October 7, 2009

So Much On My Mind

1.  My sister, Stefanie, is one of the most amazing people on the planet.  (I'm not just saying this because she is my sister, seriously, ask anyone who knows her, they'll tell you the same thing).

Stefanie got engaged this past New Year's Eve in Times Square to a wonderful man, named Lenny a/k/a "Laser" Lenny.  Too cute right?  Almost immediately, she embarked on the same journey almost every "Bride To Be" does...weight loss.  Stef's journey is different though.  This isn't about fitting into a size 2, looking like any given celebrity or even about dieting.  Her journey, as she explains it on her Blog "Watch Stef Go",  is about "becoming a fitness rockstar".  She has made lifestyle changes, committed to her goal and has shown unparalleled dedication to accomplishing it.  She has since lost 27 pounds, but has gained so much more from her journey.  I urge you to read her Blog, because it is ridiculously informative, positive and inspirational (not to mention she is getting her Masters in Public Health, so she knows a little bit about the subject). 

I love you lil sis.

2.  In keeping with the "healthy" theme - Stef introduced me to this movement called Operation Beautiful.  Quite honestly, I think it is a brilliant - and if we all made an effort to participate it in, I think we would all feel a bit better physically and emotionally.  In a nutshell, the founder of Operation Beautiful wants to end "Fat Talk", (e.g. "Do I look fat in this?", "Oh boy, I can't believe I ate that...I feel so fat" etc...).  In order to combat "Fat Talk" the founder started leaving Post It Notes with positive messages like "You are beautiful the way you are" in public restrooms, at work, the grocery store, the gym - wherever.  She encourages you to do the same.  You can even send her a picture of Operation Beautiful note. 

Unfortunately, we have all engaged in "Fat Talk", but we never really think about what we are saying and how it affects us personally, or the people around you, especially children.  Interestingly, I watched the "Fat Talk" video that's posted on the site and it is scary - I was stunned to learn that 81% of 10-year olds are afraid of being fat! Are you kidding??  I have vowed to stop "Fat Talking" today. 

3. I am always on the lookout for recipes for HEALTHY but QUICK meals.  As busy moms, we don't have alot of time to cook - so I found these Superfast Supper Recipes (20 recipes in each category that take 20 minutes to prepare) -- Genius.  They all sound delicious.  Let me know if you make any of the recipes and how they turn out!

**Remember - You are beautiful just the way you are! Now, go leave your positive note somewhere, today!

 




No comments:

Post a Comment