Monday, October 5, 2009

There's A Stranger in My House

After dinner was finished, the dishes had been washed and the girls fast asleep in their beds, I found myself face to face with someone who I thought looked familiar, but was clearly not the nice, calm, man that I married.  Unbeknownst to me, there must be a telephone booth in my bedroom, because clearly Ray had been inside it doing a quick switcheroo into his "personal trainer" uniform.




I was tempted to spray paint the word "Trainer" on the back of his black pull over, but I have to honestly say, I was a little scared of Trainer Ray.  He means business. 

Let's back up a moment -- You see, Ray sent me an email this afternoon that detailed my Monday night workout.  It said something like this:

Chest and Tri's (3 sets 15 reps)
Mary Katherine Lunges from the P90X Plyometric Tape (10 each leg)
Incline Dumbbell Press (3 sets 15 reps)
Wide Arm Push Ups (3 sets 15 reps)
10 - "X" Jacks
Skull Crushers (3 sets 15 reps)
Overhead Tricep Press (3 sets 15 reps)
8 - Tires/Run Back

Here were my initial thoughts:

1.  He's totally going to forget he emailed this to me by tonight;
2.  Who the hell is Mary Katherine and what the eff does she have to do with my workout? Is Mary Katherine hotter than me? Where did he meet Mary Katherine? I mean, really, why is the chick so special she has a move named after her?; and
3.  He's totally going to forget he emailed this to me by tonight.

Well, since I am now sitting here dripping in sweat, it is clear that Nos. 1 and 3, did not happen.  My new trainer, Ray, is apparently on staff and means business and I am fine with that, because he's kinda hot.   

P.S. I soon remembered that Mary Katherine isn't a threat at all...it's just the name of a funky lunge to kick your butt into gear.  Here's the best video I could find to demonstrate the move--try it when you can.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87BGmWrVH2Y

No comments:

Post a Comment